Hello! My name is Lizette Wancho and I am so grateful to be teaching third grade. I was born and raised in San Diego and therefore am passionate about the community development of this area. I believe that through education, we as a community can achieve great things.
This is my 3rd year at LdVCS and my 5th year teaching elementary school -aged children. Before coming to LDVCS I taught with San Diego Unified at Franklin STEAM Magnet and was the librarian for 3 years at Sherman Elementary. I have experience as a fourth grade teacher and a literacy support teacher from kinder through 5th grade.
Prior to my career in education I dedicated myself to helping low-income and at-risk families. I earned my B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in Spanish Literature and Global Studies in 2007. I later obtained my Master’s degree in Education alongside my teaching credential in 2013 through Grand Canyon University.
I love music, running, dancing, practicing yoga and being in the outdoors. When I am not working I enjoy traveling to near and far places.
Ms. Wancho's Education Pathway:
- Head Start Home-Base (preschool)
- Hardy Elementary (K-3rd, 5th grade)
- Foster Elementary (4th grade)
- Lewis Middle School (6th-8th)
- Hoover High School (9th-12th)
- University California, Los Angeles (UCLA 2007)
- Spanish Literature major and Global Studies minor
- Grand Canyon University (GCU 2013)