This committee will ensure that fiscally responsible decisions are made with regards to the best interest of our charter school.
Curriculum and Assessment Committee
This committee will make decisions on the implementation of the curriculum and assessment practices and will advise our charter school on expenditures to support the teaching and learning process.
This committee develops strategies for establishing partnerships with health care educators and practitioners in higher education and private industry, maintains outstanding working relationships with partnerships currently established, pursues donations and grant opportunities, coordinates school assembly and visiting artists programs, oversees the school volunteer program, and implements strategies to increase parental and community involvement in our charter school.
C&A Agenda 5.19.21
Leonardo da Vinci Health Sciences Charter School
Curriculum and Assessment Committee Meeting
May 19, 2021 ~ 1:00 pm
Meeting ID: 929 7734 3781
Call to Order
- Re-Enrollment Forms: Please go out of your way to get an accurate count for how many kids for your class are coming back next year. Knowing what our enrollment will be is very helpful for the board and budget committee to make financial decisions for next year. Give these counts to… Johanny???
- DRA levels will need to be gathered for our data moving into next year. Please also gather any Imagine Learning, Imagine Math, and Reading Plus data you need for the end of the year. This is helpful info; please save it for the new director, while also passing it onto the next grade level teachers ASAP.
- Class Splits for next year: Whenever possible, can we create our class split predictions for next year? It might be good to have a flexible “starting off plan” before a new director comes in. Remember to split IEP, ELLs, Behavior, etc… as evenly as possible.
- Idea: Wednesday, June 2nd: Materials return day?? Grade Level teacher teams use 3 drop-off locations & staggered time frames to collect Chromebooks back from families and any other materials they need back?
- Professional Development for: Spanish (specific SP), PE teachers & all staff (Health, Science, and Positive Discipline) https://positivediscipline.org/classroom-educator-training
- Positive Discipline PD Flyer: https://positivediscipline.org/resources/Documents/PDC%20June%2008-24,%202021%20Flyer.docx.pdf
- Support staff needs: 5 IAs to rebuild the RTI team!
- RTI Math Curriculum: Do the Math? https://www.heinemann.com/dothemath/
- SST Support/Program: https://www.beyondsst.org/Account/LogOn & https://youtu.be/eiCA1A9T8S4
- Use of ELOG funds? Summer? After School Tutoring? ACE?
- Digging into Wonders Materials: What do we notice? What do we wonder? (get it?), and what do we think our first next steps need to be to wrap our heads around this program? Wonders
- Meghan Meris Wonders Session? Sarah Sine?