Parent Volunteer Hours
Parents, guardians, and the community are an integral part of the Leonardo da Vinci Health Sciences Charter School enriched classroom experience. LdVCS depends on its volunteers to make our charter school a special, supportive place to learn and grow. As part of the LdVCS Team, parents/guardians are encouraged to volunteer as many hours as their schedule permits.
There are several ways you can serve as a volunteer:
- Classroom: Instruction; run copies; cut (prep work for the teacher); Room Parent.
- Serve as an active member on our Board of Trustees and/or Governance Committees: Teachers, staff, parents, and community members serve as members of our governance structure.
- Before and After School: Traffic in the parking lot; supervision of students.
- Recess and Lunch: Supervision of students.
- Everyone A Reader (EAR) Program: One hour working with a team of four students for 15 minutes each. Those same four students read 3-4 days a week for 4 different tutors who form a team.
- At Home: Check with your child’s teacher to see what projects can be done at home for class.
- Donation of Classroom Supplies/Materials and/or Monetary Donations: Donations of supplies and materials and/or monetary donations can help LdV and are always welcome.
Please contact your child’s teacher or the director if you have questions about how you can volunteer.
In accordance with our School Volunteer and School Safety Policies, all volunteers must have a current tuberculosis (TB) test and criminal record check on file.
To meet the criminal background check, all LdVCS volunteers must be fingerprinted through the San Diego County Office Of Education (SDCOE). Visit https://www2.sdcoe.net/livescan/loc.asp for information, forms, and to schedule an appointment for "Request for Livescan Service." Cost of this service is $58.00, payable in the form of a Money Order or Cashier's Check made out to SDCOE.
SDCOE address: 6401 Linda Vista Road, Room 104, San Diego, 92111.
Livescan flyer with fee schedule: http://davincicharter.org/livescanfees.pdf