How to Apply
To express an interest in enrolling and/or to add your child's name to the waiting list, please complete the "Intent to Enroll" form.
For information on enrolling your child for the 2017-2018 school year, visit http://davincicharter.org/index.php/admissions/enrollment or see the "Enrollment 2017-2018" information below.
How to Register Your Child
- Gather child(ren)’s birth certificate(s), yellow immunization card, parent/guardian photo ID
- Gather ONE document to establish proof of residency within the State of California:
- Mortgage booklet or statement
- Property tax bill with payment receipt
- Homeowner’s Association billing statement
- Rental property contract, lease, or current payment receipt
- Letter on apartment complex or mobile home park letterhead, signed by the landlord, stating that parent/guardian/caregiver lives there
- Utility bills: gas and electric, sewer, trash, water, cable bill
- Telephone bill (land line)
- Pay stub
- Voter registration
- Correspondence from a government agency
- Stop by the office to complete a registration packet.
You can access our office through the Bay View Baptist Church parking lot at 210 Jamul Avenue (one street north of Naples). Please park in the LOWER section of the parking lot of the church, walk up the stairs, and pass through the gate to the office.
FOR NEW STUDENTS ONLY
Dates to Note
January 4, 2017 - February 28, 2018*
Thursday, March 2, 2018 @ 5:00 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room at LdVCS
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
- Every day from 9:00 to 3:00 p.m. until February 28th
- Schedule a tour at your convenience.
- If the number of students intending to enroll for a grade level exceeds available slots, a public lottery will be held. Public lottery to be held March 2, 2017.
- School will contact parents/guardians of students whose names were drawn in the lottery.
- The parents/guardians will have 7 days to respond to school indicating continued interest in enrolling a student at LdVCS.
- Complete registration packet.
NOTE: Kindergarten students must be five on or before September 1, 2017 per state law.
*Students whose forms are submitted after February 28, 2018 will be added to the waiting list if the number of forms exceed the number of available spaces.
Student Admission Policies and Procedures
Leonardo da Vinci Health Sciences Charter School is not affiliated with any other school. The Charter School seeks a diverse student body that reflects the racial, ethnic, and economic diversity of the general population residing within the current attendance area of the school. All students will be admitted, space permitting, and not determined according to the place of residence of the pupil or of his or her parent or guardian. Leonardo da Vinci Health Sciences Charter School will be non-sectarian in its programs, admission policies, employment practices, and all other operations, and will not charge tuition or discriminate against any student based on ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability or any other reason disallowed by law.
Charter schools are schools of choice. The charter school admits all pupils who wish to attend the school. For all students, the following enrollment requirements apply:
- The parent/guardian must attend one school tour and/or an orientation session. Students may participate in this event, but it is not required. These sessions are held regularly throughout the school year at various times in order to accommodate a range of schedules. These sessions detail the expectations of the families who elect to enroll at our school facility and community.
- A parent or guardian must honestly complete and return a simple, non-discriminatory intent-to-enroll application by the published priority enrollment deadline.
- The student and the parents must sign statements indicating that they are familiar with and agree to abide by all policies and procedures set forth in the Parent and Student Handbooks.
- A parent or guardian must complete and/or provide all documents required for enrollment in a public school including but not limited to immunization records, proof of residency, birth certificate, enrollment form, etc.
Should Leonardo da Vinci Health Sciences Charter School receive a number of intent-to-enroll applications from potential students exceeding the number of spaces available within the school, the school will conduct a random public lottery complying with all State and Federal laws, designed to maintain a diverse student population, using the following rules and procedures, which will be communicated to all interested parties at least 30 days prior to holding the lottery. The lottery will take place within 30 days of closing the open enrollment period, which will be a minimum of 45 days long. Intent-to-enroll applications for the following school year will be accepted at the beginning of January.
The lottery will take place on the Leonardo da Vinci Health Sciences Charter School's campus in a facility large enough to allow all interested parties to observe the drawing, or at another public venue near the school large enough to accommodate all interested parties.
The lottery will take place on a weekday evening or other time when most interested parties who wish to attend may do so.
All interested parties will know, prior to the holding of the lottery, how many openings are available in the school and in the different grades served by the school.
Prior to filing an application, the prospective student with a parent/guardian is encouraged to attend an orientation and furthermore, both students and parents must sign an agreement stating that, if drawn, they are choosing to come to the school of their own free will.
Preferences will be extended to potential students in the following order:
- Children of the Charter School employees;
- Siblings of students who have their names drawn during the lottery shall receive a guarantee of admission unless the sibling is to enroll in a grade that has all of its spaces already filled in the drawing, in which case the sibling would be put on the waiting list for admission to that grade ahead of all others on the waiting list for that grade;
- All others in District.
The lottery shall draw names from pools of ballots differentiated by grade level.
Beginning with the lowest grade, the ballots shall be drawn by a representative of the outside agency or organization confirming the results of the lottery.
The drawing shall continue until all names for that grade level are drawn.
Those individuals whose names are drawn after all spaces have been filled will be placed on the waiting list in the order drawn, except if the preferences described above require otherwise.
Potential students on the waiting list shall provide contact information to be used in the event space becomes available. Families promoted off of the waiting list shall be informed by phone, email, and/or in writing and shall have seven (7) days from the date of notification to complete a registration packet. The Charter School shall attempt on at least two separate occasions to contact the parents/guardians of promoted students by telephone. Those families not responding within the 7-day period will forfeit their right to enroll their student in the school for that school year.