I was born and raised in a very small town in New Jersey where my parents still own the same house I grow up in. However that was the last time I called NJ my home. I started college in Pennsylvannia and after finishing my degree from Villanova, I decided to spend 2 years as a volunteer teacher in Washington, DC. During those 2 years, I got my Masters of Arts in teaching and decided that the classroom was where I belonged. My husband was commissioned from the Naval Academy and he went on to become a helicopter pilot so his training had us move to Texas and then Florida where I taught Pre-K. From Florida, we moved to California and I taught Early Admission to Kindergarten and then 7th and 8th grade math. After that time, I was fortunate enough to take 10 years off from teaching to raise my 4 children. After moving to Virginia, I got back into teaching and taught preschool for 2 years. In September 2014, Mr. Stepner hired me as a Kindergarten teacher. This will be my 3rd year teaching Kindergarten at LDV and I have loved every minute of it. I am blessed to work with an amazing group of people who make coming to work a joy.
Mrs. Sawtell's Education Pathway
- Green Hills Elementary School (K-8)
- Newton High School (9-12)
- Villanova University (Bachelor of Science in Finance)
- Trinity College (Master of Arts, Elementary Education/Multiple Subject Teaching Credential)
- UCLA ( CLAD Certification)
- National University ( Multiple Subject Teaching Clear Credential)